Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Lady of Kanjikode(Kanchikode) !!!!!!



Mrs Rani John Kanjikode
The strange spiritual experiences that Mrs Rani John from Kanjikode has had, are now the subject of animated discussion among Christians. As Archbishop Jacob Thumkuzhy said, this is a phenomenon that merits special study. It is not for man to place limits to God's plans and actions. At the same time it is not possible to ignore the criterion of common sense and reason. Before giving our opinion, we need to know the facts. Vachanolsavam, therefore, publishes the spiritual experiences that Mrs Rani John shared with the tens of thousands gathered at Potta to listen to the word of God.
-Editor

My native place is Mannampetta, near Trichur. I am the last of seven children. My parents brought us up in a strong Christian faith. From the age of three, we had to kneel down and recite the Rosary. If we sat down, dozed or turned back, a whipping would be the consequence. I used to wonder why such strictness was exercised right from our childhood. Dear friends, it is because of that strict upbringing that I stand before you now - the insistence on attendance at daily Mass, recitation of the Rosary on our knees, an unlimited devotion to Our Lady-because of it I’m standing before you today. We were taught to love Our Lady with great freedom of spirit. Pointing to the image of Mary, my mother used to tell me, "Dear child, I’m your foster mother. Your real mother-there she stands."

When my mother put me to sleep narrating the stories of saints, I too developed the desire to become a saint. My mother was a great devotee of Our Lady. I remember her relating the incident when Mary directly told her about a medicine. It was before my birth. It was to remove the poison of a deadly snake-bite. One night Our Lady appeared to my mother and told her to mix five kinds of herbal juices in ghee and take it. The names of those herbs were to be kept confidential. When my mum followed those directives of Our Lady, her ailment, which till then could not be cured, was healed. Jesus was working in us from that time onwards through my mother.


The beginning of the apparitions

Let me share with you the great treasure that Jesus, Our Lord gave me through the Blessed Virgin. I was fasting on October 8th 1996. At about 12 noon, I was busy weeding the front yard. All of a sudden I felt a terrible exhaustion and restlessness. I went indoors to lie down on the bed but could not. A strong impulse drove me to go before the statue of Our Lady and pray despite the weariness. As I was praying I heard a sudden sound like the roar of thunder. With that I lost consciousness of the surroundings. In the midst of a great cluster of clouds I saw the Sacred Heart of Jesus with a dove near by and hosts of angels circling round and heard heavenly music and songs of praise to the accompaniment of the flute and other musical instruments. At that moment, my husband John came in to feed our daughter Sneha. I heard a strong voice saying, "Listen to me. Listen to me. Listen to me." And then three paragraphs were dictated in English. My husband and I took down those words. A terrible thirst overtook me. I asked my husband to get me some water. He went to the kitchen to get it. It was then that I saw a large hand stretching out towards me. Water was gushing out of that hand. I placed both my hands on my heart and wept. That was the hand of Jesus. I drank of that water till my thirst was quenched.

From that day began the experience of Jesus leading me through visible signs. Another day while I was prasing God and praying, I saw milk and honey in my cupped hands. This experience has occurred several times subsequently in the presence of priests.

On October 30th 1996, I had a great vision of the passion of Jesus. All during that time my whole body was writhing with pain. When the scene of nailing Jesus’ hands to the Cross appeared in the vision, suddenly blood spurted from those wounds on to my face. And then I saw a sweat of blood on my limbs, face and chest. Later, I have often had the signs and pain of the stigmata (five wounds) on my body.


The miraculous rosary

On November 2nd 1996 we went to Vellankanni. We reached there by 12 noon. Mass was going on. After Mass I went to the front of the church and knelt down near a grille and prayed with my eyes open. After ten minutes I had a strange experience. Rays of pale blue and white coloured light fell on my eyes. As I was blinking continuously I could not pray with eyes open. I was exhausted. So I sat down, closed my eyes, spread out my arms and prayed. At that moment I saw the statue of Mother Mary moving and the whole church was filled with a bright light. In the middle of that circle of light was a tall female figure. When I looked carefully I saw the Blessed Virgin’s face clearly like the rising sun. In her left arm was a fair, chubby boy about eight months old. In the same hand was a big rosary. In her right hand was another rosary of black beads. I saw Mother Mary and the child descending step by step. There was a great radiance on their faces. I could not look at a point for more than a second. So intense was the brightness of the light. In a trice they were standing in front of me, smiling. Mother Mary bent down and placed the black rosary in my hand . My hand froze like a piece of ice. The rosary was very heavy as if the beads were immersed in oil. I cried out, "Mary, my mother, what should I do with this?" Mother Mary said, "Daughter, place this rosary with my image in a glass case in your house." I could not ask anything more. Placing her right hand on my head she blessed me. I then saw her rising upwards with her hand in the same position.

The next morning after we returned from Mass, following the instruction given by Mother Mary, we entwined that rosary around a statuette of Mary and began to pray. From that time onwards a heavenly fragrance began to emanate from it. It spread around even to a distance if one km. When the vegetable vendor came home he wanted to know whence this strange scent. We told him the facts. He circulated the news and people began coming to pray and Mary began giving some messages.

A lot of criticism arose about this perfume-that it was only a hoax, a particular kind of scent was being used and so on. Mother Mary gave me a specific message: "I gave this fragrance as a special sign. But they are defying me. Therefore I withdraw it from this day forth. Only those who weep and pray will have the experience of this scent."

Thus after December 25th 1996 it became less and eventually was lost completely. However, those who pray with tears are still able to experience it.

The miracle of the Eucharist

On October 26th 1997 Bishop Mar Jacob Manathodath of Palghat was celebrating the Eucharist in the Good Shepherd church at Kanjikode. At this Mass the Sacred Host I received on my tongue became flesh and blood. When I prayed over this phenomenon, I got this message: "The contempt and scorn that people show me, the victim Lamb on the altar of sacrifice, and to the love of God the Father, are increasing rapidly. It is high time that they understood that I come to each of them with longing as a living God, as a loving God. Daughter, the Word became Flesh, the Flesh became a sacrificial Victim and the Sacrifice gave new life. This great salvific event that took place in the past is in reality renewed on every altar of sacrifice. Is that not what you tasted, daughter?"
After that Jesus revealed these two Scriptural texts: "This is the Lord’s doing, it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" (Ps 118:23-24). "Jesus said to them, ‘Very truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day, for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like that which your ancestors ate, and they died. But the one who eats this bread will live forever" (Jn 6:53-59). It is the Body of Jesus that is sacrificed in the Holy Mass. The greatest power that can counter the diabolical forces of today’s world is the Blessed Virgin-the rosary given to us by her. It is the strongest weapon that we can wield against Satan. It is ten times more powerful than the atom bomb. With the rosary that looks insignificant in human eyes, we can bind any evil power. Mary wishes that we invite her before we start reciting the rosary. When we do this, we obtain Mary’s intercession. We should remember that it is Mary and not we who offer our petitions in the presence of God. We should pray to Jesus through Mary. We are then adoring God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. The intimate relationship that Mary has with Jesus becomes ours also. Mary will help us. Let us invite this Mother into our life. Let us ask her intercession to triumph over every obstacle and to defeat all the wiles of Satan.

15 comments:

  1. This Apparition is approved by the Local Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....what is the Bishop's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sorry it was late when i read the post..i see the name..not much info elsewhere or since..hoax???..but the image looks interesting...however the alleged eucharistic miracles and the charismatic atmosphere seem distressing..yet there is a report from uca news that says this....

      Carmelite theologian Father Thomas Kalam says he has "much reservation" with regard to the alleged miracles" centering on Palumparambil, but Archbishop Cyril Mar Baselios of Trivandrum said he has no reason to disbelieve them.

      According to the Syro-Malankara metropolitan, the messages are "in tune" with the Catholic faith. Unless proved otherwise, he said, he has reason to believe that the miracles are genuine and part of God´s design.

      ....so at least there is some local episcopal approbation..need to email the the archdiocese of Trichur and see if the archbishop Andrews Thazhath approves...

      Delete
    2. But didn't jesus say ask the father in my name n it will b given .
      Didn't jesus say pray the our father ...pray directly to god .
      Then y do you say we should pray tru Mary n jesus .
      Your contradicting the bible.
      Jesus said if you want to clarify your doubt refer to the bible if ,its not as per the bible ...then you know.
      I really love the mother mary as the mother of jesus
      But I will never want to hurt my god by disobeying him.
      If my god says do not make anything thing by human hands in the form of anything in heaven or earth n bow to it ,if I do the opposite do u think jesus would like me being disobedient coz he said I'm not come to undo a single law but to fulfill.
      Jesus also many times said dont call me good ...dont make a place of worship for me or moses or Elijah..
      But bow down in private look to heaven n pray to him that is unseen ....that is faith.
      And he that is unseen will anser your secret prayer .
      No body but god ....y are you so afraid of God or you really dont trust him ...
      To go directly to him ,we never needed a middle man
      Not even Angel's.
      They all pray for us to the father .
      But we do not need to pray to them ...coz prayers,praise ,worship we have to do to god by the gift of his spirit n help of his son ..Amen

      Delete
  3. if this is true then Medjugorje is false,,since the Gospa at Medjugorje said it would be the last time she appeared on earth....???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medjugorje visionary Vicka talked on Radio Maria in 2008 about one of the message she received: "For me, the message that the Madonna has given is very clear: this is the last time that She will be present here on earth in the way She has been present at Medjugorje for such a long period of time."
      Another visionary Mirjana also, when received in 1998 this question: "Did Our Lady say that Medjugorje is the last time she will appear on earth?". Mirjana responded with the following: "Our Lady never said it that way. People that want to create sensationalism say that because they pick and choose the things that they like. What Our Lady said was that 'this is the last time I will be on earth in this way.' She said clearly that in this way, this is the last time she will be on earth ..."Mirjana also said on another occasion in 2009: “I never thought that she would be last time on earth. That is wrong interpretation.”

      January 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM

      Delete
  4. Medjugorje has been disapproved by the Church. Garabandal and Naju have also been disapproved by the Church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither Garabandal nor Medjurgorje has been "disapproved" - they are in fact still pending (not yet established as supernatural).

      Naju was in fact disapproved (apparently in large part because of their failure of obedience. )

      There is a significant difference between "approved," "not yet established," and "negative decision" (which is essentially a ban.)

      http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/medjugorje.htm

      http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/unapproved_apparitions/medjugorje/index.html

      http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/statements/index.html#garabandal

      http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/unapproved_apparitions/index.html


      We are admonished to be cautious but generous in faith.

      Delete
  5. ..we must not confuse humility and faith in the Church with presumption and pride..medjugorje has been condemned by two bishops..and recently public gatherings which presume supernaturality also have been banned by the CDF and so this is a sign that supernaturality will never be approbated..it is left to see if certain doctrinal confusions and or disciplinary actions will be dealt with and so it looks as though it will be formally condemned or seen as being not supernatural... not yet established is not an option..either supernatural or not supernatural or condemned are the options ..at this point it is deemed not supernatural..ie machinations of humans or preternatural.."Practically speaking, how does one go on a pilgrimage to a destination whose fame depends on an alleged apparition and not presume it to be authentic?"...ewtn...so one sees heaps of disobedience to Vatican decrees...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canon 2318, which carried penalties against those who violated the laws of censure and prohibition,
      is abrogated since 1966. None can incur ecclesiastical censure for frequenting places of Apparitions even those not recognized by the Ordinaries of dioceses or by the Holy Father.
      Also, "those who would have incurred the censures treated in Canon 2318 will be like absolved by the very fact of the abrogation of this Canon." (Cardinal Ottaviani)
      So the visionaries do not need the permission of the Bishop of Mostar to make public their private revelations.
      Bishop Zanic (Bishop of Mostar) set up a commission to investigate the authenticity of the visions, but Cardinal Ratzinger (then President of the CDF) rejected it and gave the authority to the Yugoslav Bishops’ Conference. Their conclusion was the Zadar Declaration of 1991, which said that investigations continued and that in the meantime pastoral care was to be given to the pilgrims:

      DECLARATION OF THE EX-YUGOSLAVIA BISHOPS' CONFERENCE ON MEDJUGORJE
      At the ordinary session of the Bishops' Conference of Yugoslavia in Zadar from April 9 - 11, 1991 the following was adopted.
      DECLARATION
      The bishops, from the very beginning, have been following the events of Medjugorje through the Bishop of the diocese [Mostar], the Bishop's Commission and the Commission of the Bishops Conference of Yugoslavia on Medjugorje.
      On the basis of the investigations so far, it cannot be affirmed that one is dealing with supernatural apparitions and revelations.
      However, the numerous gatherings of the faithful from different parts of the world, who come to Medjugorje, prompted both by motives of belief and various other motives, require the attention and pastoral care in the first place of the diocesan bishop and with him of the other bishops also, so that in Medjugorje and in everything connected with it a healthy devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary may be promoted in accordance with the teaching of the Church.
      For this purpose the bishops will issue specially suitable liturgical-pastoral directives. Likewise, through their Commission they will continue to keep up with and investigate the entire event in Medjugorje.
      In Zadar April 10, 1991
      The Bishops of Yugoslavia

      Delete
  7. ..yes they do...the notification of 1966 does not mention the words abolish or abrogate..it does state however that the index retains its moral force (suum vigorem moralem) and so any document which touches upon faith or morals which is passed to the faithful must fall under Canon 823 & Canon 824 which requires approbation of a local Ordinary and Conference of Bishops or the Vatican and such approval has never been granted and so the appleged seers are in direct disobedience to the Canons of the Church...."In a letter of 31 January 1985 to Cardinal Giuseppe Siri, regarding the book Poem of the Man God, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (then Prefect of the Congregation, who later became Pope Benedict XVI), referred to the 1966 notification of the Congregation as follows: "After the dissolution of the Index, when some people thought the printing and distribution of the work was permitted, people were reminded again in L'Osservatore Romano (15 June 1966) that, as was published in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis (1966), the Index retains its moral force despite its dissolution. A decision against distributing and recommending a work, which has not been condemned lightly, may be reversed, but only after profound changes that neutralize the harm which such a publication could bring forth among the ordinary faithful."...please do not deceive the faithful thank you... :-)...On October 23, 1995 the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith clarified about private revelations:


    With regard to the spreading of texts of presumed personal revelations, the Congregation makes it clear that:


    1. The interpretation by some people of a decision approved by Paul VI on October 14, 1966, and promulgated on November 15 of the same year, by virtue of which writings and messages coming from presumed revelations might be freely spread within the Church is absolutely not valid. This decision actually referred to the 'Abolition of the Index of Banned Books,' and said that - once relative censures were lifted - the moral obligation in any case not to spread or read those writings which endangered faith and morals still remained.


    2. A reminder, therefore, that for the diffusion of texts of presumed private revelations, the norm of the Code in force, Canon 823, para 1, which gives pastors the right 'to demand that the writings of the faithful which touch faith or morals be submitted to their own judgment before publication', remains valid.


    3. Presumed supernatural revelations and writings which regard them are in the first instance subject to the judgment of the diocesan bishop and, in particular cases, to that of the episcopal conference and the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith
    .....It is a misconception that the faithful do not need permission to publish alleged private revelations since the abolition of Canon 1399 and 2318 of the former Canonical Code by Pope Paul VI in AAS 58 (1966) on October 14, 1966. The truth is that Pope Paul VI only abolished the Index Librorum Prohibitorum,[80] and that Canon 823 and 824 of the current 1983 Code of Canon Law define the right and duty of the bishop to censor all material concerning faith or morals..stop deceiving the faithful thank you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do no why the church takes so much years of research and work to approve these miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I talk to rani? Any contact numbers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you send the location in her house

    ReplyDelete